When you use our website or services we may collect personal information about you. We have written this statement to give you the following details:
- what personal information we collect about you
- how we use your information
- who we may share your information with
- what choices you have about what we can do with your information
- how to access your information
Who are we?
This website is owned and operated by St Mary Magdalene's Church, The Green, Tanworth in Arden, Solihull, West Midlands, B94 5AL
We can be contacted in writing at the above address or on email at email@example.com
Our Data Protection Officer can be contacted at the above address or email at firstname.lastname@example.org
We last updated this Privacy Statement on 21st April 2020.
Personal Information we collect about you
What information we collect about you
We may collect the following information about you:
- your name and address
- your contact details including email address and telephone number
- the organisation which employs you and your role within that organisation (while we do not specifically collect data relating to a person’s religion this may indirectly identify you as a member of a specific church or religion)
- your payment details
- notes in relation to our contact with you
We collect information about you in two different categories:
- Identifiable information: this is information that allows us to identify you such as name and email address, telephone number etcetera
- Anonymous information: we may collect information that does not personally identify you but categorises you into a group or sector (e.g. age, marital status, lifestyle) and we can use this information to tailor our products and services more accurately
Personal Information you give us
We may collect personal information about you when you:
- Fill in our “Contact Us” enquiry form
- Contact us via email or by telephone for any reason
Personal Information we collect automatically
When you visit our website or use our services, we may collect certain information automatically such as:
- IP addresses (the name your computer uses to identify itself to us)
- how you found our website
- dates and times that you visited our website
- which pages you visited
- what products and services interest you
Personal Information we collect from other organisations
We work with a number of other organisations such as payment processing companies, credit reference agencies, internet search engines, marketing organisations and cookie providers who may provide us with information about you.
- [Stripe? TBC]
How we use your Personal Information
Any personal information that you give to us is used to provide our website or to process your request for information. In order to do this we may use your information in the following ways:
- to provide you with the information and services for which you have asked us
- to send out our other information (but only where you have agreed)
- to comply with our legal obligations or as otherwise required by law or regulation
- to prevent and detect fraud
- to tell you about changes to our services or website
- to help us develop our website to make it better for all users
- to get your feedback on our website and services
- to administer our website (such as troubleshooting, data analysis, research)
- to keep our website safe and secure
We may provide you with information about services and other news where we feel these may interest you.
Depending on what contact information you have given to us, we may contact you by email or post. We will only do this where you have consented to receiving such information from us.
You can opt out of such marketing at any time and If you wish to do so, please email us at email@example.com
Sharing your Personal Information
Our Business Partners
We may share your information with carefully-selected third parties including:
- Our website providers who need to see your information in order to keep our website up and running
- Analytics and search engine providers who analyse information about your use of our website and help us to tailor the services that we offer to you and other users
Legal Requirements and Law Enforcement
Third Party Privacy Policies
Keeping your Personal Information
Where we store your personal information
Any personal information that we provide to you will be held within the UK.
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers or on secure servers operated by a third party.
Retention of information
We only hold your personal information for as long as necessary for the purposes for which we collected your information.
If you chose to send us information via email, we cannot guarantee the security of this information until it is delivered to us.
Changing or deleting your information
You can ask us at any time to change, amend or delete the information that we hold about you or ask us not to contact you with any further marketing information. You can also ask us to restrict the information that we process about you.
Access to information
You have the right to access information that we hold about you. If you wish to receive a copy of the information that we hold please contact at firstname.lastname@example.org or write to us at the address above.
Transferring Personal Information
You have the right to request that your personal data is transferred by us to another organisation (this is called “data portability”). Please contact us at email@example.com with the details of what you would like us to do and we will try our best to comply with your request. If may not be technically feasible, but we will work with you to try and find a solution.
If you have been through the internal complaints procedure and are still not happy with the result, then you have the right to complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office. They can be contacted as follows:
Address: Information Commissioners Office,
Changes to our Privacy Statement
We review our Privacy Statement on a frequent basis to check that it accurately reflects how we deal with your information and may amend it if necessary. You should check this page regularly to see the most up to date information.
How to Contact us
We welcome questions, comments and requests regarding this Privacy Statement which can be sent to the address above.